Iowa Motor Carriers Foundation
Endow Iowa Tax Credit Program
2013 marked the 10th anniversary of the highly successful Endow Iowa Tax Credit program. Enacted on January 1, 2003, Endow Iowa promotes gifts to permanent endowments by awarding up to 25% of the amount donated as a state tax credit when making a gift through an Iowa community foundation.
Who is the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines?
- Founded in 1969.
- Holds more than 1400 charitable funds and have more than $385 million of charitable assets under management.
- Like all Iowa Community Foundations, the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines meets all National standards which qualifies it to hold Endow Iowa Funds.
- It has a professional staff and charitable giving experts to help accept and assist in the process for complex gifts (gifts other than cash) that could qualify for Endow Iowa tax credits.
- The Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines has stellar reputation and many IMTA leaders are affiliated with the Des Moines Foundation.
- The Iowa Motor Carriers Foundation is under the category of an “Agency Fund”. An Agency Fund is established by a local nonprofit organization to serve as the endowment supports its future operations. The Community Foundation invests the endowment assets, providing responsible and professional fund management. Distributions from the fund are granted back to the agency to be used at the discretion of its governing board.