IMTA at a Glance
Quick Facts about Iowa's Association
- A non-profit 501(C)(6) trade association founded in 1942 by Mr. John Ruan.
- Headquartered in Des Moines at the foot of the Iowa State Capitol.
- IMTA headquarters building is a 10,000 square foot building that features stunning views of the Iowa State Capitol, a 60 seat conference center, 5,000 square feet of meeting space, 20 seat board room, association offices and foundation offices. In 2015, over 100 events/meetings/educational sessions were held at the IMTA headquarters hosted not only by IMTA, but by IMTA members, other trade associations, lawmakers, regulators and community colleges.
- In 2015, a one of a kind sculpture was gifted to the association by Jackie Johnsrud, Johnsrud Transport and was placed at the entrance of the association. The sculpture entitled “Delivering the World” is a tribute to all the men and women that enable the trucking industry to deliver the world to everyone!
- Over 700 member companies belong to the association representing companies of all sizes and employing thousands of people.
- Members represent a broad range of trucking operations, vendors/suppliers to the industry as well as towing & recovery companies, household goods moving companies and bus companies.
- Average IMTA trucking member has 71 trucks (2015).
- Average trucking member pays $2,000 in dues.
- Members located in 69 of 99 counties (2016 membership goal is to secure a member in all 99 counties).
- Average association operating budget is $1.5 million.
- 2015 Revenue – 52% from non-dues revenue/48% from dues revenue.
- IMTA has been member neutral for the last five years