Quick Facts about Iowa's Association
• A non-profit 501(C)(6) trade association founded in 1942 by Mr. John Ruan, and headquartered in Des Moines at the foot of the Iowa State Capitol.
• IMTA headquarters building is a 10,000 square foot building that features stunning views of the Iowa State Capitol, a 60 seat conference center, 5,000 square feet of meeting space, 20 seat board room, association offices and foundation offices.
• In 2015, a one of a kind sculpture was gifted to the association by Jackie Johnsrud, Johnsrud Transport and was placed at the entrance of the association. The sculpture entitled “Delivering the World” is a tribute to all the men and women that enable the trucking industry to deliver the world to everyone!
• Over 700 member companies belong to the association representing companies of all sizes and employing thousands of people.
• Members represent a broad range of trucking operations, vendors/suppliers to the industry as well as towing & recovery companies, household goods moving companies and bus companies.
• Average association operating budget is $1.5 million.